Last updated 12 November 2020
We recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Under law, your rights to privacy are also protected. We collect personal information in the normal course of providing services to our customers.
Card Acquiring and Security
All card transactions are acquired by BT Games (PTY) Ltd via PayGate (PTY) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no card details are stored on this website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- IP Address - We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help gather broad demographic information that is not tied back to you personally.
- Personal Details - We ask our members for a number of personal details for use on the website. We always try to identify which information is for system use and which is for displaying to other members.
- Email Address - The email address provided will only be used by notification events, contacting the member ourselves and newsletters. It will not be sold or given to other members. Where possible opt-out options exist for notifications and newsletters, however some newsletters are not optional and you will need to remove your membership to unsubscribe.
- Demographic Data - Demographic and profile data is also collected at this site. We use this data to tailor the visitor's experience at this site, showing them customised content we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
- Advertisers - From time to time we summarise demographics and other details, such as the number of members under 30. Any information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
We use the information we collect for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in other ways including on our Sites, in our stores, or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- provide and deliver products and services;
- provide the information we think may be helpful to you in your pursuit of the Greater Outdoors;
- send you information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- operate and improve our Sites, services and products;
- process and deliver competition entries and rewards;
- manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide you with customised content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email, direct mail or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services you may use;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- use your data in an anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified format for analytical, marketing, and demographic purposes; and
- provide you with other services or for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Other Web Sites
This site contains links to other sites. BT Games PTY Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Internal Email System
Messages using our internal email system are not able to be read by any other members other than the sender and receiver. Once a message is sent it is not possible to retract it. Some membership options may allow a sender of an email to see when their sent email was read or if it was deleted. BT Games PTY Ltd has a number of security filters and procedures that are run over internal email to prevent site abuse, commercial use and spam. As part of these processes from time to time our staff may be required to view messages, however they will always remain private and confidential, the only time these messages will be disclosed to any other party is if the member is involved in legal proceedings and either BT Games PTY Ltd is satisfied that the legal action is justified, or the disclosure is a legal requirement.
Security of your Personal Information
BT Games PTY Ltd takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Unsubscribing from our Marketing Communications
Our site provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from BT Games PTY Ltd. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails. If you choose to opt-out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Changes to this Policy
BT Games PTY Ltd may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Please note: we do not provide email addresses to prevent automated spamming engines collecting them.
BT Games PTY Ltd
Tel: +27 11 462 7441
Email: Steven Moore
Please note: we do not provide email addresses to prevent automated spamming engines from collecting them.